Special Forces: Team X is available now for PC and XBox Live Arcade.
Special Forces: Team X (“STX”) is a team focused, 3rd Person, cover based shooter, featuring brutal firefights between elite squads of Special Forces operatives. STX takes place in tomorrow’s world, one that is infested with conflicts amongst the geo-political power brokers. A world in which conventional warfare is dead, diplomacy is an affront to the hidden agenda of national objectives, and global strategy is accomplished using clandestine military power.
World-renowned independent developer Zombie Studios puts you in the role of an elite soldier in a Special Forces squad. The game features a “Dynamic Battlefield” system, enabling players to shape the battlefield by selecting individual environmental pieces, resulting in over 100 combinations of combat zone. These incredibly diverse combatscapes highlight a range of other unique features…
- Map voting system shapes the multiplayer map by selecting the environment in three map tile slots, with over 100 configurations.
- Advanced cover system allows players to vault, mantle and traverse through the environment with the game’s intuitive cover and clambering system.
- Exclusively licensed weapons including Kalashnikov, Famas, Sig Sauer and Mossberg, thanks to our partnership with Cybergun SA. Each weapon offers a large variety of upgrades and all are fully customizable.
- Asymmetrical game play with 2-4 teams and 5 frenetic game types. Cooperative play between team members is richly rewarded, giving small coordinated teams an advantage in the battle.
- Attack dogs that players can choose to into the firefight with them. Use the dogs of war to guard your back or eliminate the enemy.
published by Microprose / Atari
available for: XBox Live and PC Feb. 6th 2013